Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

On this particular Mother's Day, I am thankful for my blessings in a way that I couldn't have been in past years. These last six months have been the hardest months of my life, full of unbelievable highs and unimaginable lows. Getting through those months has given me a hard-earned perspective on what is most important. I wish somehow that I could go back in time with this new perspective, so it could benefit my girls as well. Unfortunately, that's one of the hardest lessons in life... The only possible direction is forward, for better or for worse.

Regardless, this year I am counting my blessings, and there are so, so many to count. Kaitlyn, the baby girl who made me a mother, is sitting on the line between little girl and woman. She is sensitive and kind and oh-so-smart, all in a beautiful package. She makes a parent proud, proud, proud. Rylie is a little charmer who lives up to her nickname of Smiley Rylie, with her impish grin and sparkling eyes. She is a live wire and a free spirit, and she's going to set the world on fire one day. Then there's Holden, my miracle baby, who reminds me daily that every second of life is a gift. He is strong and courageous and such a fighter. He smiles, loves, laughs and fights on- doing it all with more heart than any of us.

These are the blessings I'm counting this year, and I am on-my-knees thankful for all three of them. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Can I steal that comment: "the only possible direction is forward, for better or for worse"?
    That is so true.
    I am blessed to have the honor to have followed you through these last few months, and to read of your battle between life and death for Holden.
    May you always hold these lessons close to your heart, and share them with others.
    You are an amazing woman! And a better mother for what you have learned. YOur girls will also reap the rewards of your lessons... they are still in your "sphere of influence" for a few more years. Make the most of the times you have, as you know, it flies by too quickly.
    Blessings prayed over your home and family.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete