Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 122

Holden is scheduled to go into surgery in about half an hour. I've been told that some people are unclear on what he's going in for today. He's having a Ladds procedure, to correct his intestinal malrotation, and having a gtube placed at the same time. The Ladds involves taking his intestines out and recoiling them in the correct position, since he was born with those backwards as well. (That's probably the most non-medical explanation of the procedure ever.) That's the basics... He'll also have his appendix removed, which is normal with this procedure. They'll be placing a gtube in his stomach as well, which will allow us to get rid of the ng tube he currently has so many problems with. It's a big bad deal, all of it, but it should improve his quality of life so much. Not to mention the fact that correcting the malrotation will save him from major, potentially life-threatening issues later. So this surgery is a good thing. I'll keep repeating that to myself today.

I'll try to update this blog as often as I'm able to today... I know everyone wants to know what's going on, and I'll do my best to keep you in the loop. We are honored and truly thankful for all of the prayers and good thoughts coming his way. We love and appreciate you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment