Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 138

For the first time in a very long time, I feel really optimistic about going home soon. Holden decided to pick a day for a turnaround, and we're in a much different place than we were last week. His vomiting hasn't stopped completely, but it's much more manageable now. He's still coughing and junky, but I think we're on the tail end of that as well. Overall, he feels SO much better, and we almost have our baby back... All 8 kilos of stubborn boy. :)

We spoke with the doctors this morning regarding a realistic plan for getting him home. We have a few hurdles to jump before discharge, but the issues are nothing too major or unattainable. We'll be working on all of that in the next week, and then it's time to pack! (As long as Holden cooperates, and we're praying hard that he will.)

The past couple of weeks, I think Trent and I both got caught up in the depression and hopelessness of what was happening with Holden. With every new setback, our dream of taking him home to wait for his transplant seemed more and more unreachable. I think somewhere along the way, we forgot how many miracles had already been gifted to him. We forgot to have faith that more were sure to come. Holden never forgot that, and he never stopped fighting. Of course, his fight isn't over yet- not by a long shot- but I have more faith than ever that he will come out the winner in this battle.

I've said it before, and I'll keep repeating as necessary... Prayers are answered. Hope is rewarded. Holden never forgot what we should have remembered every single day- An optimistic spirit heals.

We are beyond grateful for your unending prayers. We felt them, every day, and I am on-my-knees grateful.

It's time for greener pastures- literally- so watch out, world. Holden's headed your way. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've said it before - I'm in awe of you my child! You amaze me, your words amaze me .. your faith and hope and strength amaze me. Where did this woman come from? I don't think from me.. I retreat and lick my wounds, you step forward and conquer.. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, this is long but I felt compelled to go to the Good Book and share some of HIS word with you. This is not from me. I hope you will forgive it's lengthliness, but as believer's, we must try and lift one another up ... always in the name of our Lord, Jesus.

    I began in the book of James where I read:
    How is it possible to "consider it pure joy" whenever we face trials? Each of us knows what trials are all about, and they are anything but joyous! So why would James place such a steep requirement on believers? First, it is important to note that these "trials" are afflictions, persecutions or sicknesses. These are not troubles that believers bring on themselves due to sin. They are simply the difficulties everyone faces in life. We can begin to find joy in our trials when we accept them for what they are - schools of instruction for our soul. Through this tutelage we learn perseverance, we become mature and complete. Difficult times come to everyone; yet we can be glad KNOWING (believing with all our heart) that, with God's help, precious lessons come from difficult times.

    James 1:2-4 - "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you KNOW that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

    1 Peter 2:2-3 - "Like newborn babies, CRAVE pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have TASTED that the LORD IS GOOD."

    1 Timothy 1:8 - "We KNOW that the law is good if one uses it properly."

    1 Timothy 4:8 - "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for ALL things, holding PROMISE for both the present life and the life to come." AMAZING GRACE!!

    We have to KNOW, that we KNOW, that we KNOW ... He IS the "I AM". He DOES keep His promises and we have to believe with all our hearts that this is so.

    Last but not least:

    1 Timothy 4:12 - "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in FAITH and in purity."

    Character, truth, development of gifts - these exhortations apply not just to Timothy, but to ALL who lead. Whether or not you know this, you have been a beautful leader with your GIFT of writing. One of my prayers also is that you continue to use your gift, for in this way you are truly glorifying our sweet Jesus. Always BELIEVE in His PROMISES that are written for all to read and acknowledge. None of us are ever denied the gift of His word! Again, we have to know, that we know, THAT WE KNOW ... He is Lord!

    We love you and please realize, that with your written faith in Him, and continued trust, Holden will perservere ... as will you and Trent. Keep the faith sweet niece! Stay in His word and He will keep His promises to you all. I believe this with all my heart.

    As always, you have my prayers and love to all,
    Aunt Cheri

    ReplyDelete