Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 42

Taylor made it through the night, but barely... Again, please keep his family lifted in your prayers. I can't imagine what they're going through right now, as I've never lost a child, but I know what it's like to sit next to your baby in the ICU, praying and negotiating with God. My heart breaks for them.

Today has been another one of those painfully slow days... Nothing much has changed, for better or worse, but we haven't made any progress either. Holden's lipase numbers are still the same today, although he doesn't seem to be in as much pain as yesterday. He's really restless though... Sleepy, but unable to settle in and go to sleep. It seems to be due more to agitation than pain, and hopefully we're right about that... I don't want him in any more pain, poor baby.

His lungs are still about the same as well. The chest xray didn't show much change, but we've had to increase his oxygen little by little. He doesn't have an infection or anything obvious happening, so we're not really sure what's going on.

He's throwing up less today than yesterday, but still throwing up. This pancreatitis business stinks. It's painful just watching him, and I can't imagine how he feels. This is one of the most frustrating things we've dealt with in here, mostly because we don't know what caused it and there's no treatment for it. We just have to wait for it to run its course, which really stinks for Holden!

In good news though, I got to hold him for a little while today. We haven't been holding him as much as we'd like to because he's been in so much pain... As much as I want to hold him and love it all away, being out of bed hurts him more. He did pretty well in my arms, but it didn't last long enough... Now he's sleeping more comfortably in his bed again.

They decided again to postpone the surgery, for two reasons. He still isn't in the best place to be put back on the vent or sent to the OR, and there will be more people around if we do it during the week. They're talking about putting him on the schedule tomorrow if everything looks okay... I'll keep you all posted.

And some of you have been asking about where to send cards and letters... My mother-in-law graciously agreed to let us use her as a temporary post office, so you can send mail to us through her.
Trent and Lindsey Sisk
c/o Susan Brown
5616 Maple Valley Dr.
Azle, TX 76020


I haven't posted any pictures in the past few days, mainly because most of them look the same with Holden laying in his bed... I thought this one was sweet, with him hugging his lovey...

 And here's Trent, snuggling with the remote (his lovey)...
 I look way more excited than he does. (And can you see how great his scar looks?? I am amazed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment