Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 55- Christmas

The first part of our Christmas has actually gone pretty well, considering we're in the ICU and not at home... The hospital really does try and make the holiday as special as possible for the kids in here. Holden got a visit from Santa this morning, which went better than expected... He didn't exactly smile at him, but he didn't scream in terror either. I'm going to mark that experience as a success. :)

I don't have much to report as far as medical progress... Holden hasn't been feeling his best today. He's been really sick to his stomach (both ends, poor baby), and he hasn't been his happy self today. We don't know if it's withdrawl from the sedation meds and methadone, reaction to the increased feeds going to the top part of his intestines instead of the lower, or maybe even the stupid pancreatitis again. We were going to try and start working with him to take small amounts orally, just to get him back in the habit, but that's on hold again. :( Whatever it is, I want it to go away so my sweet boy can enjoy his first Christmas!

We'll have the second part of our Christmas (our "real" Christmas, as far as the girls are concerned) when the girls get here tomorrow... Until then, I've taken a bazillion pictures. Enjoy, and have a Merry Christmas!! :)





















1 comment:

  1. He is SOOOOOO cute! I love all these pictures Lindsey! Absolutely precious. I hope he starts to feel better soon :( And I hope Christmas with the girls was fun!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete