Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 70

Following the relative calm of the past few days, I should have seen a few dark clouds ahead... Holden's not really worse today- nothing I can put my finger on- but he's not the same happy baby he has been recently. He's throwing up more, hopefully just due to the bolus feeds and nothing more sinister, and just doesn't seem to feel right. His chest xray was hazier this morning, which is never a good sign in Holden's world. It wouldn't be so worrisome if we weren't aware that he's prone to flash pulmonary edema, and we can usually see it coming on the xrays before he shows any physical symptoms. We're going to try a different diuretic in addition to the three he's already taking to see if it helps any. I really pray that it does, especially if they're going to try and send us to the floor this week. They have a lot of sick babies out there who need to be in here, and Holden looks like a pretty good candidate to be moved to make room. He may be sick, but there are babies who are much worse off than he is... So we're just going to have to trust in different doctors and hope that they can continue moving forward with his progress. I really wish we were in a better place before being moved, but we can't predict everything. Maybe his lungs will respond appropriately and dry out, and his xray will look crystal clear tomorrow morning. That probably won't happen, but that's what I'll hope for. :)

(And I asked if anyone made haircutting house calls on Facebook yesterday... From the responses I got, you all thought I was kidding. The poor kid needs a haircut, no joke! Look at the pictures- does that hair look like anything to joke about?? :)

1 comment: