Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 84

It's been a busy few days around here, some good and some bad. Holden had seemed like he might be making a little progress with his stomach issues, but last night they came back. He's been throwing up all night and all day today, and we can tell he doesn't feel good at all. He did perk up for just a little while this afternoon, but went right back to feeling puny after a short time. The doctors came through tonight and said that we would be consulting with the GI team again in the morning, and we'll outline a plan from there. I don't really care what the plan is at this point, I just want them to fix my baby!

Holden's had a lot of visitors over the weekend. My mother-in-law graciously offered to stay the night up here last night so that Trent and I could go out and celebrate our anniversary. The previous few nights were pretty calm, so we felt safe enough leaving him with her... Unfortunately, he didn't have a good night at all, which means she didn't either. I hope she gets some sleep tonight! Last night was the first time I've slept in my own bed in months... I had forgotten how comfortable that bed is!

Tobie, Keith and Amy came up to visit this afternoon, and Amy was the hero of the day... She cut Holden's hair! We left the top long, but cleaned up the sides and back so that he looks more like a little boy. He looks so grown up and handsome now!!

Hopefully I'll have more information to post tomorrow. (I'm going to be really frustrated if we don't.) In the meantime, I realized that it's been a while since I've put any pictures up. Most of these are a little older, but he hasn't really been in a happy picture taking kind of mood lately. Enjoy!


Think he's tired of the constant paparazzi?
 Getting prettied up after bath
 I know many women who would kill for those eyelashes.
 Happy boy... I think this was two weeks ago?



 I love his look of intense concentration. These are his Beads of Courage, and this is only about a quarter of what he's collected.
 Trying unsuccessfully to get him to eat Cheerios. (Note the "wings" on the side of his head.)
 He loves to get a hold of the stethoscope, then wants to use it on everyone else. I'm sure he knows how it works by now!
 Sitting in his walker for the first time. He loved it the first night, but hasn't been feeling well enough to enjoy it the past week.
 This is just one round of meds, I think the first morning ones. Poor kid. :(

I don't know why, but this face cracks me up.
 Getting his hair cut by Miss Amy. He was a champ!

 No more wings!

 My handsome little man. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Holden's still having a rough time, but I'm glad you guys were able to get away if even for a night! He looks like such a little man with that haircut!! It's adorable! Thinking of you all daily!!
    naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. His hair is so cute! I swear he gets cuter everyday! We'll see ya'll this weekend! Give Holden a kiss for us! We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a beautiful little boy! I pray that the doctors will have a good game plan soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lindsey,trent & holden,

    i just want you to all know, WE DO KNOW. you are not alone in feeling that way. we love you all so much and there's not a minute or a day that goes by that we aren't all thinking about you ALL and praying for you ALL. my heart is breaking for all that you and Holden are going thru. i can't think about anything else but praying for Holden to be healthy and happy and to see you all coming home some day soon. what you are feeling is normal and holden is so lucky to have you and trent for a momma & daddy! ami was so touched by Holden. she said if you need anything, do not hesitate to let her know. she fell in love with him!! we are all here for you for anything you need....just don't forget....WE KNOW. love you all! T.

    ReplyDelete