Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Prayers Needed

I don't have the energy to go into a lot of detail, but today has been the worst day for all of us. We didn't even get around to the surgery, as Holden crashed shortly before and had to be intubated. The doctors worked for hours intubating him and getting more lines in (for meds and pressure readings), and then it got worse. We came so close to losing him. Holden's heart stopped six times, but compressions were able to bring him back. They had a lot of trouble stabilizing his heart and blood pressure, and he's still not anywhere near out of the woods. He's holding his own at the moment, but they're having to increase his epinephrine drip in order to keep him "stable". The doctors weren't terribly optimistic about his ability to make it through this episode and the night, but we know that there's always a chance. If he can hold his own through the night, we'll try again for the surgery tomorrow, and hope for better results. The bottom line is very, very bad. We are in a horrible place right now, and all we can do is pray. Please say a prayer for my little man tonight... He needs them now more than ever. 

10 comments:

  1. My heart is in my throat right now. I'll be on my knees tonight in prayer for your sweet boy.
    ~AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the little fighter! Praying for an extra helping of peace and comfort for you too my sweet cousin. We love you and will pray without ceasing for Holden, you and Trent, the Dr's and everyone else involved in his care.

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am heartbroken for y'all and especially, Holden. We are praying for you constantly. May the Lord send his strongest angels to lift Holden up tonight and keep you all close.

    The Harrisons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to try and say anything that might comfort you right now. Oh, how I would love to have the words but honestly, they don't exist. I know that there is nothing that anyone could say to comfort me in a time like this. Just know that there are many people praying for you and for Holden and only God can give you the comfort, peace and miracle you need. Be at peace with His will and He will give you peace and healing through your faith in His perfect will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cousin...I have been in tears for you and that sweet baby tonight! I know no words could comfort you in a time like this, but please know that he is a fighter and will be OK! I will say an extra prayer for your family tonight, but please know you are not alone! We love you!

    Ashlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God send you blessings and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are lifting you all up continuously. We love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts and prayers go out for little Holden, as well as you and your family. May Heavenly Father bless you with strength, courage and above all, life.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine your exhaustion, your pain, your feelings of desperation. I pray for you to feel God's peace. And praying for Jesus to stand over Holden & To take control. He makes no mistakes & doesn't do anything by accident. I ask Him for healing & to allow Holden to grow strong & be a voice for Him & to be an example of His power. In my limited, human knowledge, I plead for your baby boy to not just get through this night but to live a strong & healthy life & for his life to bring Glory to Him. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
    John 16:33

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an adorable kiddo! Good luck with surgery. I pray it goes well and the big guy gets to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete