Friday, July 8, 2011

Remembering Holden

I still haven't found words to describe what happened yesterday. I don't know if I ever will. The only comfort I have is in knowing that he's no longer in pain, and he has finally found complete healing in the arms of our Father. My little man endured more in his short life than many of us ever will, and the strength of his will still takes my breath away. He was always so much stronger than me.

He was brave, and he was tough. He was a miracle from the moment he took his first breath. He faced each day with a smile, no matter what the day had in store for him. He knew life was a gift, and that's something many of us forget.

By living each day with a broken heart, he taught the rest of us how to live with our whole hearts. I am so very proud of him, and I am eternally grateful and honored that I was allowed to be his Mommy.

Please join us in honoring his memory on Tuesday, July 12th, 3:30pm at Lake Fork Baptist Church in Alba, TX. Everyone is welcome.

If friends and family would like to make a memorial contribution, we ask that you go to http://www.organ.org/ or http://donatelife.net/ to do so in lieu of flowers. Holden was on the waiting list for a heart transplant for more than seven months. If he had gotten his gift of life sooner, he might still be with us. Raising awareness for organ donation would be a fitting tribute to honor his life. (For those of you who are uncomfortable with exchanging money online, contributions can be sent to Trent and Lindsey Sisk at 448 Rains County Rd. 1275, Emory, TX 75440. We can then make the donation in Holden's name.)

We are immeasurably thankful for all of your encouragement, support and prayers. I never fully realized how many lives Holden has touched and inspired, and it's a comfort to see it now. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written as always. Donations are a great suggestion. I will treasure every minute of Holden's life that he shared with me. My sweet ,precious , beautifiul Grandson you are forever in my heart. I will miss our stroller rides around and around Granny's yard. Heaven received a precious gift yesterday. May God be with us all til we meet again. Granny B

    ReplyDelete
  2. i my name is Becky and I work for Dr. Barclay. I wanted you to know that my heart is one of the many hearts baby Paul touched. Every time I saw him my day brightened up. He was a brave baby and so adorable and handsome. When I knew he was in the building I would try to go look for him cuz he always put a smile on my face with his gorgeous little eyes!!! This has been terribly hard for me and as for JPP. We love him very much and will never forget him. You are a wonderful mother and I am so proud of you for being so strong and for always fighting with him and being so patient. God Bless you and your family. The Lord is rejoicing because there is another Precious Angel in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey and Trent, words can't describe how saddened I am at the loss of Holden. He truly touched by life with his sweet smile and amazing spirit. Thank you for the honor of allowing me to take care of him so many nights on the 8th floor. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. With much love .. Alison, RN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lift your family up in prayer, prayer for peace and understanding. Lil Golden always brighten my day with those gorgeous eyes and your incredible courage Lindsey. Even now as I read these blog's through teary eyes, I feel your strength and I am inspired by it. That sweet baby will be missed and just know you will meet again..God bless your family!!! Amy-from JPP

    ReplyDelete