Friday, July 1, 2011

Short Update

I don't have any big news to report, and we're just kind of hanging out waiting for a definite plan at the moment. His BUN has improved, but his BNP is back up to 26,500 and his sodium levels are still really low. However, his sodium has always run low, and there isn't much we can do to help lower the BNP (especially since we still don't know why it's jumped so high to begin with). I'm not really sure what they're doing here in the hospital that we can't do at home, so we're trying to push the doctors to come up with a better plan for us. We want to go home today, and the doctors want us to stay until at least tomorrow. We're praying and doing our best to change their minds. I'll update more again when we have some news, and hopefully I'll have a chance to write a more detailed post next time. Thank you again for all of the prayers and encouragement... We are grateful for all of you!

(Updated to add: Against the doctor's better judgement, we talked her into letting us go home today. We'll have to follow up with labs over the weekend and come back in if anything changes, but we're going home!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsey! I'm so sorry you're back there! Hoping you guys can go home soon. Kiss that sweet baby boy for me!!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the posts. We pray for you all, and I can tell you Robert NEVER forgets to pray for 'baby Holden'. Love to all. Call me if I can do anything!

    ReplyDelete