Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 47

Judging by text messages, emails and messages on Facebook, more than a few of you have noticed that I didn't post yesterday. I'm sorry... We've been busy around here, since Holden has been extubated again. :) We took the tube out yesterday afternoon, and he's done so well. He's back on the Vapotherm, and we're slowly weaning that down again... We're also weaning the sedation, since he's not getting any breathing help, so that's been a fun adjustment. He goes between being happy and content to fussy and letting us know he's not content. I don't know if he's in pain from something or if he's just sick and tired of being here... If I were in his place, it would probably be both!

His lipase count was back up to the 900's yesterday, even though he hasn't been fed or gotten anything new... The GI doctors think it may have jumped in response to the trauma on Monday. It's back down in the 500's again today, and I'm praying it continues trending down. Even with the numbers going down, he's continued getting sick to his stomach, poor baby. They put his NG tube even further down in his intestines with the hope that we can put feeds past the pancreatic area... We've started him on very small amounts today, and we'll see if it works.

Holden is really weak from the weeks of inactivity, and the physical therapy team has been trying to work with him to build his strength back up. One of the therapists recommended that we get a Bumbo seat for him to use here... I don't know how long he'll need to use it, but if anybody has a used one that is collecting dust, we'd love to borrow it and put it to use for you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a Bumbo! I'll send it with Kyla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I can bring one to you tomorrow about noon if the other one won't be there by then. Let me know!!! Text me. I will be picking it up at church from a friend.

    ReplyDelete