Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 106

I used to think today was nothing more than a silly holiday invented by card companies. (Or bitter women who grew tired of being ignored all year by their husbands.) Now the day has a whole new meaning. February 14th is a Day for Hearts. A special day to honor heart warriors, their families and the many doctors, nurses, surgeons and medical professionals who have dedicated their lives to saving our babies. I never thought I would say this, but I don't think I hate Valentines Day anymore. :)

(I can't take credit for the poem... Someone sent it to me, and I loved it.)

To the over one million families living with broken hearts,
Today is in honor of you.

To the 40,000 babies born this year with a broken heart,
Today is in honor of you.

To the 4,000 babies who will not live to see their first birthday
And to those who have died of a broken heart,
Today is in honor of you.

To the angels among us who mend and care for the tiniest of broken hearts,
Today is in honor of you.

To the little warriors living each day with a broken heart
So we can learn to live with our whole hearts,
Today is in honor of you.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, Lindsey - this reveals a beautiful, courageous, real heart all your own. We honor all you mention above today, and are so thankful that you, Trent, and Holden are in our hearts. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete