Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 94- Happy Birthday Holden!

Happy birthday, my little Braveheart... I truly cannot believe a year has passed since we first started out on this journey with you. So many times, I have wished to trade places with you... But I'm not sure I could have handled all of this as gracefully as you have.

You have shown unimaginable strength- far beyond your years. Your first year of life has been filled with obstacles and challenges, and you've risen up to meet them all. You are brave. You are tough. You are a miracle.

You have such an exceptional spirit. You have a unique power to inspire faith in the doubtful, put our priorities in order, and teach about hope- and what it means to fight for what matters most. I'm certain that your exceptional little spirit will be exceptionally spoiled for the rest of your life. How could I possibly deny you anything after seeing you go through this?

Your next year will be one filled with hope. Hope for the strength to get through the unknown. Hope that the perfect heart will be graciously given to you at the perfect time. Hope that tomorrow will come, and the next day, and the day after that. Hope that you will exceed everyone's expectations of you and remind us every day that prayers are answered. Our every hope for you may not be realized, but each day that you wake up and smile at the world is a miracle. And in that there is hope.

I watch you as you wrap everyone you meet around your little finger. You charm the Crocs right off of those nurses, and you have a fan club of doctors who come around just to see you smile. If I had to pick one quality you possess that I adore above all others, it is your ability to keep smiling, despite it all. You smile, you love, you trust, you fight- stealing hearts everywhere you go. Well done, little man. I am so proud to be your mommy, and I am eternally grateful that I get to call you mine.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Happy Birthday Holden! Hope you get even more presents than anyone ever has! I love you and Lindsey and Trent!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post. "...charming the crocs right off those nurses..." Too cute!

    He is one amazing little boy! Happy Birthday, Holden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave me goose bumps!!! WELL said.

    Happy Birthday to YOUR very own Braveheart, Holden!

    He is so lucky to have you as a Mommy!!

    Hugs-

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLDEN!!! We love you all and miss you daily. We hope he had a good day and know your are in our hearts every single minute.

    -Charlie, Cindy, Dylan, Trey and Spence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said. Again, I think you have a gift for expressing the feelings that you have in this time. I think you should write a book for others in your shoes.
    God Bless you, Lindsey!!!
    Happy Birthday, Holden!!!!

    ReplyDelete