Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 113

Nothing new to report, besides the fact that we have nothing new to report. Grr... SO frustrating!! Poor Holden has had a rough 24 hours. He was awake gagging and vomiting for most of the night and morning. He finally went to sleep around 11am and is still sleeping. He's woken up a couple of times to cry a little bit, even when we tried to pick him up and rock him, but then rolled right back over to sleep. This is all starting to take its toll on him, and I pray that we find the answers soon!!

Our usual group of doctors came in this morning, and I may have vented a little of my frustrations... Just maybe. I'd be surprised if they don't walk to our door with dread every morning after having to deal with us for so long! My main grievance is that nothing seems to be getting any better or different. We have a good day or two, or even just a few good hours, and then it goes right back to where we were. When the doctor mentioned keeping the "plan" the same for a few more days to see how he handles it, I may have lost it a little bit. Our "plan" is clearly not working, and we already know how he handles it- he doesn't. We keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. (Isn't that one of the definitions for stupidity?) At what point do we change the "plan"?? What else are we doing to figure out what the root cause is? Are the doctors here out of ideas? Do we need to take him to a different hospital? These are the questions I had for our doctor this morning. (Let me add that this poor doctor has only had us for three days now... He's suffering for the weeks upon weeks of irritations, letdowns and defeats. Poor guy!) I wasn't trying to threaten them with taking Holden elsewhere, but we may be getting to the point where we need to consider it. Something needs to change... Something has to give. He assured me that Holden will be discussed at their conference Wednesday, where all of the brilliant minds in the area get together, and urged me to be patient until then. Hopefully we'll have some answers, or at least a new "plan" by Wednesday night. I'm content to stick with the status quo until then, but not much longer.

Lastly, many of you have been asking about Holden's pictures... Ren is going to deliver them sometime this week, and I can promise you'll be overwhelmed with pictures once I have them in hand. I've been able to view them already, and they are fabulous!

Our prayer requests today are pretty simple... Please pray for Holden's comfort, wisdom for all of his many doctors, and peace (along with sanity) for Trent and myself. As always, thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to tell you how touched I am by your ability to share your deepest struggles, fears and pains with us. Your strength is amazing and truly an inspiration. I update my class at church weekly on his progress and just wanted you to know that we are praying for precious Holden, you and Trent! Stay strong and know that God our father is watching over you and your beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Anonymous' comments. We are praying for some answers soon! Also for you and Trent to receive some clear answers as to which road to take.

    God bless Holden. I feel for him and it must be so difficult and frustrating to watch him continue to be so uncomfortable so much of the time. Bless his heart <3 Sending love and prayer's continually.

    ReplyDelete