Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 112

I'm sorry for the delay in posting- we've had a busy weekend, yet not much has changed. Please know that as far as this blog goes, no news is good news! I don't have much to report, as we're still in about the same place as we were last week, and the week before that... Holden seems to be throwing up a little more today, and he doesn't seem himself. I'm not sure why, but something's going on with him. Please pray that it's just a passing thing, and that it will be gone tomorrow! Otherwise he's doing pretty well off of the oxygen support during the day, and only needing it at night. At least we're seeing improvement in one area... It's certainly better than nothing!

We had gotten our hopes up a little bit at the thought of maybe going home this week, but when we look at everything that still has to be done, I think it will be some time yet before we're able to leave. The last thing I want is for us to settle in at home and then end up back here in the hospital, so I'd really like to have as much resolved as possible before we're discharged. That said, there are some things that could take months to sort out, if we ever get it all sorted out, so I know that we'll be going home with many unanswered questions regardless.

All of your prayers and support mean the world to us, and I don't share that often enough.  There are many days when this seems like an endless ordeal, and your sweet words have lifted me up. Even if I don't have time to respond to everyone individually, please know that we read every comment and message, and we are humbled and grateful every day. So thank you thank you thank you, with all of my heart!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can't say that I will breathe a sigh of relief when you go without posting for several days. It does keep me praying as I check for an update several times a day when there hasn't been news... so in a way, that is good. I keep praying that an answer will come, and Holden will be healed or get his new heart; but if days turn into weeks into months, as they have, and still the answer doesn't seem one bit closer-- you can be sure that doesn't mean that God is not there for you. He is! And as long as you lean on Him for your strength, patience, courage, and hope, then all will be well- no matter what the circumstance. Lindsey, this whole ordeal has been trying, but I hope that you have come to rely more on Christ than on your own abilities. That is usually the outcome of ordeals we go through, we come out of them stronger than we knew, wiser than before, and somewhat changed forever. Let that change reflect how God has led you, and share it with the other parents you meet while there.
    I am praying for you! Will you give your little brave man a kiss from me. ♥

    ReplyDelete