Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 95- Birthday Recap

Holden is so very loved around here. Doctors, nurses and surgeons came by all morning to wish him a happy birthday, and he even got handmade birthday cards from Dr. Ikemba's sweet little girls. Two of his nurses brought him gifts and a birthday banner, and all of that was before the family got here with presents and cake. He may not realize it yet, but I don't think a little boy could ever exist who is more loved than mine. :)

He wasn't feeling his best yesterday, but we still tried our hardest to make it a fun day for him. We're pretty sure he's going through withdrawl again, as we've been weaning his methadone and Valium pretty steadily the past week. The withdrawl makes him shaky, sweaty, yawny, pukey and just plain crappy feeling. Poor kid... Even after a rescue dose of Loritab, he woke up fussy and feeling pretty bad. :( We still had his little party though, and there were a few fun moments in the day.

I wish I had gotten pictures of everybody who was here, but I wasn't that good. Here's what I did get...

Hanging out with Bobby before the party starts.

 Not sure if we like the hat...
...Very sure that we don't like the hat.
 Not too sure about the rest of our hats either.
 His sweet nurses, Dee Dee and Whitney, brought in the banner and presents.
 He loves the fire truck! (It makes noise, along with everything else he owns.)
 He's figured out this opening presents business.
 The hat isn't so bad when it comes with presents.

 Bobby and Laci
 Party on, Wayne...
 The Horton cake my mother-in-law made for him out of cupcakes... Isn't it adorable?? It took her half a day to make, and it was perfect!
 He wasn't sure about this part either.
 He was quite sure he didn't like us singing to him. We didn't get past the first line. :)
 He poked at it a little bit, but never ate any of it. :( We still have a few left over, and I haven't given up!

 I really wish he had been looking at the camera... I never get to be in the pictures!
 The second attempt, after his evening nap.
 He didn't scream in terror, but he still wasn't impressed. Oh well!
He finally found a hat he didn't mind.

3 comments:

  1. These are so sweet ~ I have to say my favorite is the one with the three of you in it. I noticed you and Trent are still smiling too. While at times it's probably difficult, you're both an inspiration to Holden. Stay strong little one, Love to all <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add ... that cupcake cake was awesome! Just adorable for an Adorable little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics and please keep posting them so we can follow his updates... You , Trent and Holden and the kids are in my prayers... Happy 1st Birthday Holden..

    Shirley Brimer Hardin

    ReplyDelete